POSITION TITLE: Sales and Services Manager
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing
DATE: November 2019
The Sales and Services Manager is a service professional possessing excellent supervisory skills, the ability to effectively manage executive-level meetings and multiple tasks. The Sales and Services Manager should be very detail oriented and possess excellent interpersonal skills and display the ability to maintain strong/positive relations with both clients and operating departments through the utilization of good communication skills.
The Sales and Services Manager is adept at solving problems and dealing with difficult situations and focused on generating new business opportunities from the surrounding area. This role is intended to maximize the hotel’s brand recognition and create synergies between the hotel and all potential business partners, including industry organizations, corporate accounts, wholesalers, OTAs and retail travel agencies.
This position will be eligible for the Benchmark Sales Incentive Plan. In addition, the position will be eligible for a portion of the banquet gratuity pool on food and beverage revenues earned. This portion will be determined by the Regional Director of Sales & Marketing.
BASIC FUNCTION: The Sales and Services Manager will be responsible for developing and converting new group business. In addition, this position will also be responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinating with group contacts and property departments to ensure a consistent, high level service throughout the pre-event, event, and post-event phases of programs. The Sales and Services Manager ensures successful discovery and execution of all transient, social group as well as conference group related activities and events.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum (2) two years of college, degree desirable.
- Knowledge of a hotel structure and how all departments interact
- Meeting and event operations/planning/coordination experience preferred
- Expert Knowledge of Delphi Plus and New Market Systems preferred
- Proficient in computer use, including the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to listen, speak and write in English to ascertain and respond to vendor’s needs
- Ability to analyze data and communicate effectively with peers and supervisors in a positive manner.
- Make personal visits, when necessary to target areas and call on Companies and associations located in a specific market or area.
- Assist in the overall reputation management of the hotel
- Help create new programming ideas to optimize food & beverage and other ancillary sources of revenue
- Respond and sell to all telephone and walk-in inquiries for group and catering business.
- Actively participate in all relevant industry organizations including: local chamber, CVB, MPI, ILEA, etc.
- Book meetings, conferences and social guests from assigned areas.
- Rework and maintain old account files and solicit new accounts.
- Respond to all correspondence from assigned areas and trace dates for reworking and follow up.
- Set-up site inspections and follow through.
- Attend trade shows pertinent to assigned areas and attend meetings, seminars and functions through membership in association.
- Perform general office duties and assist other personnel, as required.
- Maintain a constant contact with Corporate and Association meeting planners; maintain membership and contacts in hotel industry associations.
- Maintain accurate forecast and recap information.
- Set-up and conduct site inspections for entire property
- Ensure precise execution of group events by effectively coordinating all operating departments to deliver required services to include but not limited to, arrival and departure, meeting room set-ups, audio visual/production needs, special individual needs, diagrams, special events, and transportation.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with all aspects of the facility including accommodations, meeting facilities and support services available to best maximize the effective utilization of the facility.
- Maintain open communication and timely updates with all Departments in an effort to better meet the clients’ requirements.
- Communicate updates to reflect an accurate and current status of all meeting requirements and attendee counts enabling operational departments to accurately deliver the clients’ needs. After BEOs have been distributed to all Departments, maintain accurate and up to date information by continually updating Operations Departments of changes by following change process procedures whenever changes to a meeting have occurred.
- Performs necessary administrative tasks to include distribution of event orders, reports, filing, etc.
- Follow standards in production and use of Delphi database system with assembly of reports as requested by the DOSM, or other departments.
- Follow grooming standards maintaining a professional image in dress and mannerisms.
- Ability to work any assigned shift/work schedule.
- Any other task, written or verbal, assigned by Management.
Submit your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org