POSITION TITLE: Sales and Revenue Manager
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing
DATE: November 2019
BASIC FUNCTION: The Sales and Revenue Manager will have three primary functions:
- Support the transient sales efforts through activating and optimizing the vacation rental platform
- Support the revenue management initiatives of the hotel by monitoring and adjusting the pricing of the sleeping room inventory (in accordance to directives set forth by the Regional DOSM and revenue team)
- Support the off-property reservations team in addition to onsite Rooms Controller
- Convert vacation rental and long-term stay reservations within given booking parameters
- Create standard inventory reporting and subsequent price changes for the revenue management team
- Oversee all functions of the reservations department including training, accountability and staffing
- Monitoring accuracy of call-in reservations made by the off-site Reservations Call Center
- Outside corporate sales calls to long-term stay accounts (under the supervision of the Regional DOSM)
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum (2) two years of college, degree desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years in hotel reservations or front desk experience preferred
- Working knowledge of general hotel property management systems, such as: Opera
- Manage the input of data and report generation in the daily, weekly and monthly reports utilized in room’s management and general rooms control.
- Adjust short-term room pricing as needed
- Convert and input vacation rental and long-term stay reservations
- Oversee the input of online reservation requests made by wholesale partners, OTAs and inquiries through the property website
- Oversee the management of group block activity; responsible for management of group cutoff dates, securing and reviewing all rooming lists, monitoring group block activity (i.e. pickup, wash). When necessary or appropriate, communicate with group sales manager.
- Manage/monitor the central reservations center to maintain consistency with property level inventory strategies.
- Monitor and “shop” hotels within the competitive set to obtain market intelligence on pricing and promotion trends in the area
- Actively sell to and maintain corporate partnerships that book multiple long-term and/or vacation rental stays
- Participate in all strategy meetings and provide relevant details and recommendations for group management, general inventory status and other related topics as needed.
- Participate in all sales training and strategy sessions
- Communicate amenity requests, VIP alerts, and special instructions to front desk, housekeeping food & beverage and all operations departments that directly affect the guest experience
- Perform other related duties as requested by the Firm’s upper management and asset management
- Practice safety standards and report unsafe conditions to the hotel’s director of operations
Submit your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org