POSITION TITLE: Marketing and Business Development Manager
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing
REPORTS TO (TITLE): Regional Director of Sales & Marketing
DATE: October, 2019
BASIC FUNCTIONS: The Marketing and Business Development Manager is responsible for the day-to-day marketing functions of the hotel and the food and beverage operations. While also generating new business opportunities from the surrounding area. This dual role is intended to maximize the hotel’s brand recognition and create synergies between the hotel and all potential business partners, including: industry organizations, corporate accounts, wholesalers, OTAs and retail travel agencies.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Having Completed 4 Year Degree or a two year associates degree in the related hospitality field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prefer experience in hotel sales or related industry.
- Prefer working knowledge of general hotel marketing
- Aggressive, outgoing and self-motivating individual with pleasant personality.
- Minimum of 2 years of actual hands on experience
- Assist in maintaining a robust marketing schedule including website, social media and public relations.
- Assist in maintaining a consistent customer relationship marketing platform including the creation of both business and leisure-stay packages
- Assist in the overall reputation management of the hotel
- Help create new programming ideas to optimize food & beverage and other ancillary sources of revenue
- Respond and sell to all telephone and walk-in inquiries for group and catering business.
- Make outside sales calls to select business travel and long-term stay accounts in the local area
- Book meetings, conferences and social guests from assigned areas.
- Keep abreast of all local organizations and their meeting plans, etc.
- Actively participate in all relevant industry organizations including: local chamber, CVB, MPI, ILEA, etc.
- Dedicate time to direct telephone sales
- Rework and maintain old account files and solicit new accounts.
- Respond to all correspondence from assigned areas and trace dates for reworking and follow up.
- Attend trade shows pertinent to assigned areas and attend meetings, seminars and functions through membership in association.
- Perform general office duties and assist other personnel, as required.
- Maintain a working relationship with departments interacting with in-house groups.
- Attend weekly revenue strategy meetings, manager’s meetings, food & beverage meetings. Present operational concerns and supply updated information to other managers on the property.
- Follow-up on all function details with F&B Manager, Executive Chef, Equipment Rentals, etc.
- Recommend attracting new markets, increasing average checks, menu items, etc. to the Regional Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and make recommendations of changes, which would affect operations.
- Maintain accurate forecast and recap information.
- Set-up and conduct site inspections for entire property.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the Senior Executives of the company and external team of Sales & Marketing.
Submit your resume at email@example.com